Laurentian University Jewish Student Association (LUJSA)
LUJSA is established to provide an organized forum for which the Jewish and non-Jewish students and associates alike to meet and discuss issues of interest on Judaism, Israel, the Middle East, interfaith dialogue, social action, and more… LUJSA also provides a Jewish voice on campus and within the Student General Association (SGA) Council and is dedicated to eradicate Judeophobia, the New Antisemitism in the form of anti-Zionism, hyper-criticism of Israel under the guise of “Free Speech of expression” and sponsored biased activities on Laurentian Campus targeting Israel and Jews.
What do we offer?
- For Out-of-Town Jewish students on campus a “Jewish home” away from home.
- Resources and Information on a wide range of topics related to the Jewish faith, history of the Jewish people and Israel.
- Balanced and alternate views on Middle East developments and politics.
- Cultural events celebrating or commemorating religious events, Yom Yerushalim. (Jerusalem Day), Yom Ha’atzmaut (Israel Independence Day), the Shoah (Holocaust Remembrance).
- Social events with other religious, ethnic and national associations on Campus to promote mutual appreciation and understanding—
- Discussions, movies, good food and music too!
- Learning Hebrew, and to pray as a Jew.
- Full participation to campus life.
- A place to turn to if you, as a Jewish student, are harassed by Laurentian faculty or students individually or as part of ANY organization because you are Jewish or what you stand and believe in.
- For observant Jewish students we can help you with Kashruth and Shabbat services
Who is it open to?
Membership is NOT limited to religious affiliation, or ethnic background. However, it is expected that you are joining because of a genuine interest in the Vision and Mission of our Association.